Orange Pecan Muffin
These tasted just perfect. The pecans gave them a buttery flavor and the tofu wasn't even noticeable.
Here is the recipe from the incomparable Vegan Vittles.
1/2 cup silken tofu crumbled (or 1/4 lb reg tofu, firm, crumbled)
1/4 cup orange juice concentrate (i used apple but then added orange extract to make up for it)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup lightly toasted pecans, chopped coarsely
1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly coat a 6 muffin tin with oil.
2. Place tofu, juice concentrate, maple syrup and canola in blender and blend until smooth.
3. Place remaining ingredients except the pecans in a mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
4. Pour blended wet mixture into dry and mix lightly until dry ingredients are moistened but not overmixed. Add pecans and stir. Mixture will seem dry and stiff.
5. Immediately spoon into muffin tins and put in oven. Bake for 20-25 min.
6. Gently loosen muffins and turn on their sides in the tin. This will prevent a crust from forming on the bottom. Cover with a clean tea towel and let rest for 5 minutes.
7. Cool on rack after that and serve warm or room temp.