Enter email address to subscribe. by Bloglet

1.22.2006

Chocolate Loaf Cake


Best Chocolate Loaf Cake in the Entire World

1 1/2 cups flour
6 Tbsp cocoa powder
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 /2 tsp salt
1/2 cup canola, scant
1 cup sugar or ¾ cup maple syrup (subtract 1 tbsp apple sauce and add a bit more flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup applesauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a regular sized loaf pan.

In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream oil and sugar until light and fluffy.

Dissolve baking soda into applesauce and mix into oil sugar mixture. Add flour mixture. Mix until smooth. Pour batter into a loaf pan.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.

10 Comments:

Blogger Aliana said...

Do you mean a 9-inch square pan or a 9-inch loaf pan?

5:00 PM  
Blogger springsandwells said...

I think you left out how much "butter" from the ingredients list. Looks tasty

8:04 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

That looks so good - thanks for posting it!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Sorry for the consusion! I have updated the recipe and it's hopefully correct now. Thanks for reading!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

This recipe seems to be missing the amounts for the cinnamon and cloves. Or I am missing it. I want to try it though!

6:49 PM  
Blogger sarchan said...

Wow, that looks good. But only 4 tbsp. cocoa? I'm a little incredulous . . . (I like my chocolate :)

5:35 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

ok, wow i cant believe how much i screwed up this recipe. i would add 6 tbsp of cocoa. sorry. and disregard the cinamon and cloves part, that was from my gingerbread recipe i adapted this from. SOO....ill revise again. sorry about my flakiness and thanks for reading! im hoping to finally post again soon.

1:58 PM  
Blogger H said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:11 AM  
Blogger H said...

Looks great!
It's tough to find canola oil where I live. What can I substitute?
And if I use a deeper loaf pan, what is the time/temp?
Thanks!

12:13 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

to be honest, ive used olive oil before and it tasted fine! you can use a shallower pan, but just reduce baking time by about 10 minutes or so. i would do the toothpick test...

also any oil like safflower would work.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home