Enter email address to subscribe. by Bloglet

12.11.2005

Pecan Sticky Buns!


When my sis and I were little we ALWAYS wanted those damn pillsbury cinnamon buns with the gooey icing on top. Now of course I realize that those were full of hydrogenated oils and just horrible for you. Then there is the lure of the Cinnabon, at every mall in the country, just taunting you with its spicy scent. And those are only about the size of your head right? And about a million calories? Since I've been vegan I haven't been able to indulge in any cinnamon bun-like goodness. Until now.
The recipe comes from Joanne Stepanik's "Vegan Vittles" which is really my favorite vegan cookbook of all time. I don't think anything I've make from there hasn't been amazing. So, I'm not posting the recipe because you really really should buy this book. It's super cheap anyways. Plus, it's a very long involved recipe and I'm too lazy to type it all and I'm procrastinating doing work as it is right now. These are made with whole wheat pastry flour, canola, cinnamon, sugar mix on the inside, and a touch of apple juice concentrate for sweetening. Then they are baked in a dish with maple syrup and chopped pecans on the bottom, and turned upside down before serving so the syrup and nuts stick to the tops of the buns. I can't say enough good things. We sprinkled with powdered sugar for that extra sweetness I was craving.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lolo (VeganYumYum) said...

Oh man, this is the last thing I needed to see this morning! I'm going to be craving them all day!

Looks amazing! Great work!

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home