Enter email address to subscribe. by Bloglet

12.31.2005

New Year's Eve


The first course of our new year's fete. From my treasured new Native Foods cookbook that John got me for xmas. This is a tempeh paté rolled in balls and in toasted pecans and pistachios. Kind of like a cheese ball, but not. So incredibly delicious. An 8 0z package of tempeh was sauteed with olive oil, garlic, ginger, soy and water then purreed and cooled. Then it was mixed with 1/4 cup veganaise, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 - 1 tsp dry dill, and 1/4 cup sliced scallions.


The second course. Fuji Apple Radicchio Salad with Charred Onion and Pistachios on top. The dressing was just a very light drizzle of olive oil and a bit of sherry vinegar. Seasoned with salt and pepper.


The entreé. Baked polenta slices with oven roasted endive and topped with a Champagne Mushroom sauce.


The dessert. A small chocolate bundt cake with peanut topping. This came from the native foods cookbook and was probably the the healthiest cake I've ever made. And not the best. haha. There was very little flour and there was silken tofu as well as maple syrup for the sweetner. I think I prefer my cake with organic cane sugar, although I guess maple is healthier? I don't really know. The topping was peanut butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, and water. Quite tasty.

2 Comments:

Blogger Syga said...

You have a beautiful post and the food looks yummy. This will be good for health-conscious eaters. I especially appreciate how you substitute some ingredients with tempeh and applesauce and tofu.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Syga said...

You have a beautiful post and the food looks yummy. This will be good for health-conscious eaters. I especially appreciate how you substitute some ingredients with tempeh and applesauce and tofu.

chicagori.com

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home