Enter email address to subscribe. by Bloglet

8.20.2005

Banana Bread!!


This recipe is a veganized version of my mother-in-law's banana bread. I love it so much. Just super simple, no bells, no extra flavors. I make it without the nuts but I'm sure it would be good with them too.

Here is the recipe:

Scant ½ cup canola oil
1 cup sugar
2 egg replacements
3 medium bananas mashed
1 cup flour (sift before measuring)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup hot water
½ cup chopped nuts

Blend sugar with oil.
Mix egg replacer with specified amount of water (my box says to use 3 tsp replacer and 4 TBSP hot water to make 2 eggs)
Add egg replacer to oil/sugar mixture. Add mashed bananas to that.

Sift all purpose flour with salt and soda
Stir in whole wheat flour.
Add dry ingredients alternating with hot water to the wet ingredients.
Stir in chopped nuts and turn into greased loaf pan.

Bake at 325 for 1 hr 10 mins.

Enjoy!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home