Enter email address to subscribe. by Bloglet

11.18.2004

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Until a few years ago I didn't even like pumpkin. Or at least I thought I didn't. Not sure which one it was. At any rate, I can't get enough freakin' pumpkin these days and the holidays only make it worse. I made up these muffins from a few other muffin recipes I liked. Make them without the chocolate chips for a good breakfast (make them the night before though and split them open and reheat in a toaster oven or regular oven.)Otherwise they are great for dessert. In fact we just had them! I'll try to retro-add a picture to this but Johnny was too tired to take one for me tonight.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins


Ingredients
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup unrefined cane sugar
¼ cup unrefined cane and brown sugar mixed
¼ cup (or just under) canola oil
3/4 cup pumkin (tiny bit less)
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
¼ tsp baking soda
1/8 cup vanilla soy milk, mixed with ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
½ tsp vanilla
½ tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
¼ cup chocolate chips (no hydro)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly oil muffin tins. (A regular size 6 muffin tin)

Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and spices.

Stir together pumpkin, oil, sugars, vanilla, and soymilk mixture very well. Add a LITTLE water so that it is liquidy enough.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Mix lightly, leaving some lumps. Pour batter into muffin tins. Bake for 25-30 min.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home