Enter email address to subscribe. by Bloglet

11.06.2004

Pancakes


Although I don't do it every weekend, I like to have a little pancake fiesta sometimes. I make them with whole wheat pastry flour so I can feel good about eating a super-carb breakfast and not really having any protein. I do love to have vegetarian sausage with it when I have some of that on hand. Tasty brands are Morningstar (although owned by Kellog and not recommended as I think they use GMO) and Yves brand. I make HALF of this recipe for John and I and its about 3 sizable pancakes each, which is quite a lot if you ask me! Use real Grade A amber maple syrup. Expensive but WAY healthier than that log cabin crap. That stuff is pure high fructose corn syrup which screws with your blood sugar. A little of the real stuff goes a long way.

Pancakes
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (my fav)
2 tablespoon vegan sugar
2 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups vegan soymilk or water
(optional: dash of cinnamon)

Directions:
Lightly mix all ingredients in a fairly large bowl; leave 5-10 minutes to rise. It's important only to mix the batter enough to moisten, as overmixing will make the pancakes tough. Gently fold down; leave again for 5-10 minutes if you have the time, and gently fold down again. Cook medium to medium- high on an canola oiled skillet until golden, carefully breaking apart any large lumps with the spatula. Serve immediately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home