Enter email address to subscribe. by Bloglet

10.19.2004

Nutritional Yeast



I've posted a bunch of recipes that contain Nutritional Yeast in place of cheese or as a thickening agent. So, I decided I should probably post about the product I'm talking about. It is an excellent source of protein (52%), containing essential amino acids as well as being rich in vitamins, especially the B-complex vitamins. It is also an excellent source of folic acid, which is important for formation, growth, and reproduction of red blood cells. Don't confuse it with regular yeast for baking breads or brewer's yeast which is used in production of beer. It is great on popcorn, as it has a sort of nutty, cheesy flavor. It thickens soups really well and is supposed to help digestion too. You can find it at Whole Foods or online.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

leah, maybe you should become a nutritionalist instead of an ad exec! or it could be a bonus side career...you could counsel vegetarians (or anyone!) on how to get all their protein and vitamins, etc.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

thanks jenny! i wouldn't want to be a nutritionist...too much chem in school...plus, it would be boring as a career i think. i just love spreading the info in this way via my blog!

7:15 PM  
Blogger HealthReviews said...

Hi, my name is Kenny Williams and I have suffered from severe acne. In fact, I also had problems with hair loss and weight loss and I lost all self confidence at some point and all my friends too. Now, a few months later, after discovering the Health Reviews website, I feel much much better. After reading their success stories and recommendations, their Top Health Reviews really helped me. Do you realize how good can this be? NO more problems. Finally I can got back my smile. That is the reason I am so happy now!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home